Thursday, August 12, 2010

Publix Trip - Retail $74.09 - OOP - 13.73

I am participating in a challenge (living off our stockpile) this month. So, my limit for the whole family is $15 a week:) I stayed under! Yeah!!

(13) Lunchables (my son is thrilled!!)
(2) boxes Aunt Jemima Waffles
(1) Publix Garlic Bread
(1) Stouffers Lasagna Party Size (Huge!)
(2) boxes of fresh mushrooms
(1) head of Iceberg lettuce
(1) Large tomato
(1) 1/2 gallon of Peach Iced Tea
(1) Pkg of Dixie Paper Plates
(1) Large Box of Orville Red. Popcorn
(3) boxes of Scotties tissue
(4) jars of Prego spaghetti sauce
(1) box of Ronzoni pasta

I also went to CVS and purchased three i Motion Airwick kits for 99 cents each, Sally Hansen clear nail polish, Sally emery board, and of course, I said to the cashier; "I guess I have an overage, what kind of candy bar would you like today? I actually paid like 23 cents lol! I used ECBs and coupons. Got another $1 ECB with my Green Tag:) I was a window clerk (cashier) at the Post Office for years. A sweet elderly lady was a regular customer of mine, who would always bring me lunch, home baked cookies, books, stationery etc. She was 98 years old and get this, she still drove her car! What an inspiration she was!

6 comments:

  1. That was so sweet! You did great! did you get anything for overage? how did you get it so low?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the library to print more coupons for the Lunchables (Target)50 cents off. We have about 15 computers at my library - copies are 10 cents each. I also used $1 off Any Produce (Target) coupons, Dixie Plates (stacked MQ w/Rite Aid VV), Stouffers (came in the mail - FREE - emailed company w/ a compliment - check Five A Day post on this blog). Coupons were used for every item except the French bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! That lady was something. What an inspiration! Taking, taking, taking. We need to open our hearts to give more than we take.
    I finally got 4 packs of Bic Mechanical pencils for FREE (Mfg and Target coupons stacked). I tried to buy them last week and the week before, and they were always out of stock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when stores are out of things we are looking for! Today, I donated a huge bag of things, razors, toothpaste, Hamburger Helper, pasta, body wash, shampoo and other stuff to Joseph's Storehouse in Marietta. I am so glad that I can give, even in this economy in spite of my husband's job situation. We totally depend on Him. I use the tools he gave me - the wisdom of using coupons LOL!! God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olenka, I forgot to mention that I also used a $5 off $25 RA coupon:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo go girl! That is awesome!! And yes God is GOOD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete